Program Coordinator Somalia
Location (Country & Base)
Somalia, Mogadishu with possible field missions in the Country areas of operation /Nairobi
12 months (With a possibility of renewal based on funding availability)
Starting date in-country
15th October 2022
arche noVa EA Regional coordinator
HQ Desk Officer, Program Officer, EA Regional Finance and Administrator
- Assist the arche noVa Program Officer to ensure compliance with project proposals, donor and internal arche noVa guidelines in the Country.
- Support Program Officer and Partners in community mobilization/review meetings and in communication with relevant stakeholders on arche noVa operations and program activities in the field.
- Support arche noVa Regional Coordinator in context monitoring, Country Specific needs assessments, project Monitoring, evaluations and in developing Somalia/East Africa strategy.
- Carry out proper and realistic planning of field activities in support of the arche noVa Program Officer/ Partners in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Report to arche noVa Regional Coordinator on country specific issues on; context, security, programming, and coordination during weekly team meetings (or more frequently, on an ad hoc basis, in the case of urgent matters arising unexpectedly).
- Support the Program Officer in tracking project deadlines and provide an overview of relevant actions to be undertaken by partners to the Regional Coordinator.
- Provide monthly financial reports of expenses incurred related to the assignment to the Regional Finance and Administrator. The report must include all original financial records, all receipts, and invoices.
- Coordinate/ liaise with and represent arche noVa in all the relevant stakeholders including; local administration, community elders, partner representatives, other humanitarian actors and Government officials and clusters to build effective network for smooth implementation of programs in the country in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Support the Program Officer and the Regional Coordinator in enhancing exchange/ learning visits between Somalia Partners and others in arche noVa East Africa areas of operation.
Quality management and Impact orientation
- Support programs in the field, ensure partners are responsible for timely and quality delivery of project outputs/ outcomes to maximize on impact.
- Support arche noVa Program Officer and partners on technical aspects including developing of relevant BOQs and technical designs and validating them with relevant Government ministries in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Support arche noVa Program Officer and Regional Coordinator in capacity building of partner staff through regular training/ on-the-job coaching and mentorship during field visits and provide regular feedback.
- Support arche noVa Program Officer East Africa in technical monitoring of East Africa project portfolio in Somalia.
- Support the arche noVa Program Officer in ensuring effective planning and allocation of project resources at field level in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator and Regional Finance Administrator (i.e. transport and communication).
- Suggest, recommend, and communicate to the Regional Coordinator necessary improvements required on various aspects at Country level.
Coordination & Communication
- Support the Program Officer to enhance communication between partners at field level and with arche noVa Regional Office.
- Participate in all relevant coordination meetings including; WASH cluster, Food security/livelihood/others, Inter-agency coordination forums or any other relevant meetings with NGOs and local/regional/national authorities and ensure arche noVa/partner representation, participation, and visibility, compile and share minutes/reports with the Regional Coordinator.
- Map out, consolidate and ensure an active database/contacts and cooperation with key stakeholders in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Check fundraising possibilities and program strategies in Somalia in collaboration with the arche noVa Regional Coordinator
- Plan and undertake field monitoring missions using appropriate tools and instruments to collect data and information from partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders and provide relevant reports to the arche noVa Regional Coordinator.
- Support arche noVa Program Officer/ partner in the formulation of baseline, mid-term and final evaluations, and new project proposals in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Support the Program Officer to collect successful/ human stories and pictures regarding beneficiaries and projects during field monitoring visits in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Facilitate possible donors or arche noVa East Africa/ HQ personnel visits in Somalia/ project areas and manage logistics/ security/ communication in collaboration with arche noVa Regional Finance Administrator and Regional Coordinator.
- Support arche noVa Regional Coordinator in developing and improving security documents and security monitoring/ operations in Somalia.
- Be responsible for the arche noVa field office/ registration follow-up with Federal/ Governments and assets in Somalia in collaboration with the Regional Coordinator.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Coordinator.
arche noVa Regional Coordinator East Africa
arche noVa Regional Finance and Administrator East Africa
arche noVa EA Program Officer and Finance officer
Executive Directors, Project Managers and Administrators of Somalia partners
arche noVa HQ staff (Desk officer, PR department, Global Security Adviser)
Other stakeholders connected with the projects.
- Monthly activity/ finance/ coordination reports to be shared with the arche noVa Regional Coordinator
- Monitoring mission reports (during specific missions) to Regional Coordinator.
- Security monitoring/Incidents reports to Regional Coordinator.
- Country specific strategy documents/ reports to regional Coordinator.
- Donor specific project reports
- University Degree in Social Sciences/ International Relations/ or other relevant topic.
- 3-4 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years’ professional experience in a similar position.
- Clear understanding of Somalia security context and operation dynamics (Somali Nationals Preferred).
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in NGOs/ INGOs
- Previous experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of community mobilization and participatory approaches
- Exceptional organization, time management and attention to details
- Good writing skills
- Able to work in an autonomous way and under pressure
- Fluent in English, Somali Speaker and writer.
- Strong computer skills (word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Available/ ready to travel in remote areas in Somalia.
- Excellent knowledge of the targeted areas of operation and dynamics in Somalia
- Excellent communicator and negotiator with diplomacy skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of arche noVa’s values
- Team player, flexible, patient.
- Proven gender awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to analyze situations and propose solutions
- Results-oriented personality.
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving capacities
- Ability to work under high level of pressure
- High level of flexibility
This document is non-contractual and may be modified to reflect the changing needs of the service.
How to apply
Application and CV to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Program Coordinator Somalia